Your beauty is passing

The moon whitens the vast mead of the sky
In the gloom I spy it with the corner of my eye
Through a small gap in the rotten thatch of my hut
And I realize my heart still bears the old hurt-

The anguish of having to loose you to a someone
Why you choose to jilt and what there is to gain
After mnay days of connubial involvement, having it together
The delight and joy of those moments make tears to gather

The moon is now brighter, a polished onion in the night
The mind's opinion is to capture it, its full light
And keep it as a treasure in the rupture of the heart
Maybe at its own pleasure it could heal the hurt

Elbowing her way smoothly through rafts of clouds
It is like your true beauty passing and my heart lauds
And cheers with a passion; but the surging pain
That comes with the illusion is colder than the rain.

Christopher Okemwa.

Comments

Popular Posts