PAPA IS A DRUNK

Mama is crying
Because papa hit her
He also hit me
Because he was drunk
He kicked my dog too
And broke its rib
I wonder at what crime the dog had fault
Then he rushed into the kitchen
And like a mad man trashed everything
All the plates and cups he broke
Me and mama just cried and watched
she told me not to worry
That everything was fine,but it wasn't
When she asked him why?
He hit her again and again
She hid my face in her bosom
So I wouldn’t see,but I still felt the thud
And shook along with her as she whimpered

Then he left,no doubt to the bar again
After he was gone
I asked mama why we shouldn’t kill papa,
He keeps hurting us!
But she told me never to say that again.

Poet:Tatalia.

Narration by the Editor,Fortune Money Publishing House.

This poem is about cruelty in love,through the eyes of a child.You can feel the pain in the lines,as the child wonders out loud,towards the end,why they can't kill papa.The love of mama for papa is clear from the closing line of the poem,completing the pity you feel for her almost misplaced love when in the earlier line she asks her husband in a drunken rage,why?A strongly emotional will shed a tear after reading this poem,and it's without a doubt one of Tatalia's finest. 

                                     



Comments

Unknown said…
this is really nice.can u also plot one about
those minx ladies.keep up cuzo.

Popular Posts