I WILL SURVIVE.

Against the multitude of odds,
Tough passion is what drives me,
Rough is the road,
And thorns pierce me at every step,
The sun is roasting my skin,
Te world is surely against me.
Yet right inside that furnace of life,
I dare say i still have hope,
..that this block of ice wont melt,
Call me foolish if you like,
But I'll reach my goal somehow,
Someday soon am going to thump my chest,
In front of both enemies and friends,
..a crowd of them..
And say,"look at what I've done"
I'll also look back and say to me,
It's good i didn't give up,
When it was the most logical thing to do,
Because rather,i said to myself,
"boy, just hold on a little more'
THE POEM EXPLAINED
I wrote this poem at a particularly low point in my life,when i felt like quitting everything-dreaming,hopes for the future and just about all else that makes human beings live through the present while looking forward to the future.I remember thinking of myself as a 'loser',who should resign to his sad fate because that's what he deserved.So,like i usually do when under some emotion,i took a pen and paper to write down my resolve to quit and embed it in a poem,but instead ended up with a poem that would change my life forever,because it was a story of hope,when i most needed it.A few days later,i gave the poem it's tittle,'i will survive',much as a conclusion as a declaration to myself,and when you read it i hope you'll be able to say the same 3 words.

Comments

Popular Posts